Going along with the budget friendly trends in the industry, We decided it was time to play along. Introducing the “Sundown Full Bridge” line of amplifiers, “SFB” for short. These amps pack a huge punch in a fairly small footprint. Due to the full bridge technology, these amplifiers are not strappable however you can line up multiple amps together to create a massive powerhouse in the same, if not smaller, footprint of your standard half bridge predecessors for a fraction of the cost.
All of the SFB 4ch amp’s power ratings are listed at the 1ohm rating. For instance, the SFB-500.4 is 500Wrms at 1ohm per channel. This allows you to run many more speakers together in a multitude of different wiring configurations than using a standard Class A/B/D half bridge design. These are the perfect amplifiers for large systems where you have a plethora of pro drivers in multiple doors or line arrays.
All SFB mono amplifiers are full range. This not only allows you to run subwoofers as you would most mono amps, but you can also run a large arrays of mids/highs on these amps as well. The crossovers on the mono SFB amps can attenuate from 15hz all the way up to 20khz. This allows you to set bandpass crossover points and dial in whatever frequency you desire for your setup no matter the type of speaker you are using.
The SFB series amps are considered to be a “Brazilian Style” of amplifier. This technology is not new and has been around for quite a while however, the use of them has surged dramatically in the past few years. These little amplifiers are known to be the best bang for your buck. If you are looking for raw power on a budget, look no further than the SFB Series from Sundown Audio.
- Digital Class-D Mono Block Amplifier
- Dual MOS-FET PWM Power Supply
- 1 Ohm Stable Load
- 12 dB/Octave – Variable Low Pass Filter
- 12 dB/Octave – Variable High Pass Filter
- 9 dB/Octave – Variable Bass Boost
- 4 Way Protection Ciruit (Thermal, Voltage, Speaker Short, DC Offset)
- Wired Remote Control with Clipping Indicator
- 1 ohm Mono RMS 600W
- 2 ohm Mono RMS 350W
- 4 ohm Mono RMS 250W
- Recommended Fuse Rating 60A
- Low Pass Filter (Variable) 80Hz-20kHz
- High Pass Filter (Variable) 15Hz-1kHz
- Bass Boost @ 50Hz 0-12dB
- Input Sensitivity 5V Max
- S/N Ratio 86dB
- Working Voltage 10.5v-15.5v
- Dimensions 7.25" x 5.00" x 2.50"